Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: cisco 3640 (R4700) Software forced crash

Re: cisco 3640 (R4700) Software forced crash

JanC

Hi again !
We swapped the box, and will replace the DRAM in the original box this
week-end.
But I have another prob I'll make a new thread.

Thx all !
best regards JanC

"JanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:m0khb.4754$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi once more
>
> I did my option number 1: Unpower the box for 3 mins.
> I really did a power shutdown - unplug when box alive.
>
> This time the box created the crashinfo_xxx
>
> about patience, sanity ... i will return
>

> "JanC" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:jFZgb.3940$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >

> > "Jesper Skriver" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Suppor...preter/home.pl
> > >
> > > say that the stack decode is
> > >
> > > The stack trace decoded symbols are:
> > > validblock
> > > validate_memory
> > > checkheaps
> > > checkheaps_process
> > >
> > > Which indicate a memory corruption bug, if you enable
> > >
> > > debug sanity
> > >
> > > The router will catch the corruption earlier, helping in trouble
> > > shooting the problem.
> > >
> > > Also, it failed to write a crashinfo due to the flash being full,

likely
> > > from other crashinfo files, if you delete them, collect a new

crashinfo