Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Site Critique

Site Critique

sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

Hi,

Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
Care site I put together:

http://www.nepeanicu.org/

This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
page at the moment at:

http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

I posted on alt.html.critique as well but the NG seems a little quiet?

Thanks for your trouble,

Andrew.

--
=================================
Andrew Strong

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

> This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
> of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
> page at the moment at:
>
> http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

Technically, it is quite good, I think. It could use an image or two to
brighten it up, perhaps a small photo of the hospital floated right
within the content in the first paragraph.

How about a bit more color? The background of the nav panel could be
something slightly contrasting. The hover effect could be extended to
fill the width of that column. Perhaps a shade of blue that is less
dark? #1874CD or #1C86EE ?

Beyond that, maybe a deezyner would have some more advice.

> I posted on alt.html.critique as well but the NG seems a little
> quiet?

Yes, I saw that last night but was too busy to spend some time...

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
> hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
> Care site I put together:
>
> http://www.nepeanicu.org/
>
> This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
> of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
> page at the moment at:
>
> http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
couple of suggestions, take a look and see:

#container{
margin: 0;
background-color: #fff;
color: #333;
border: 10px solid #000066;

To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
adjust my suggestion).

And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:

#navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
#navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

--
dorayme

sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

On Sat, 27 May 2006 10:29:08 +1000, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
>> hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
>> Care site I put together:
>>
>> http://www.nepeanicu.org/
>>
>> This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
>> of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
>> page at the moment at:
>>
>> http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

>Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
>couple of suggestions, take a look and see:
>
>#container{
>margin: 0;
>background-color: #fff;
>color: #333;
>border: 10px solid #000066;
>
>To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
>material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
>adjust my suggestion).
>
>And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
>background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:
>
>#navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
>#navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

Hi Dorayme,

Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
looks great.

BTW I think we are both Australian?

Thanks for your trouble,

Andrew.

--

Andrew Strong
w(s pa/nt' a)/gan ai)nikta\ ka)safh= le/geis.

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
> the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
> looks great.
>
> BTW I think we are both Australian?
>
> Thanks for your trouble,

Good on you mate!

--
dorayme

Site Critique Weyoun the Dancing Borg HTML 8 01-27-2004 03:01 AM
critique template for site murmur HTML 5 10-24-2003 10:14 AM
New site, looking for critique on loading time Tina - AffordableHOST.com HTML 17 10-24-2003 09:28 AM
site critique murmur HTML 6 10-22-2003 04:14 PM
edgesoft.ca site critique please Long HTML 5 10-21-2003 09:18 PM

Advertisments