Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Checkerboard Google Maps in Firefox

Checkerboard Google Maps in Firefox

Valve

HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.

e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_...arkworth&hl=en

kes

I can see the map in its entirety - no problem. (FF 1.5.0.3, under Win
XP, SP2)

Valve wrote:
> HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
> Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.
>
> e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_...arkworth&hl=en

mhagen

kes wrote:
> I can see the map in its entirety - no problem. (FF 1.5.0.3, under Win
> XP, SP2)
>
> Valve wrote:
>> HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
>> Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.
>>
>> e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_...arkworth&hl=en

I get that all the time. Very frustrating. I suspect its my very slow
dial up at fault.

John Thompson

On 2006-05-26, Valve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> HI I am getting a checkerboard effect when I view Google maps in
> Firefox 1.5. Every other map square is not displayed.
>
> e.g. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oi=eu_...arkworth&hl=en

Looks fine here: linux-2.6.14 and firefox-1.5.0.3

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Valve

Possibly a performance thing. The page takes ages to load. Oddly
through 2 meg broadband.