Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Who Knows the CreateUserWizard Control?

Who Knows the CreateUserWizard Control?

clintonG

Does anybody know how to modify the style of he Previous and Next buttons
displayed by the CreateUserWizardStep?

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

=?Utf-8?B?RWFnbGVSZWRASGlnaEZseWluZ0JpcmRzLmNvbQ==?=

In the propeties for the wizard there is a NavigationButtonStyle that can be
used to modify the sytle of navigation buttons. I haven't used this feature
but I would expect it would apply to ALL navigation buttons in the wizard.
If that is not what you want there is a CustomNavigationTemplate that may
offer more control over styles in wizard navigation.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Eagle

"clintonG" wrote:

> Does anybody know how to modify the style of he Previous and Next buttons
> displayed by the CreateUserWizardStep?
>

> <%= Clinton Gallagher
> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
> URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/

clintonG

Finally figured out how to use the CustomNavigationTemplate successfully.
Depending on context, the examples in documentation are slim to none for
this control. Thanks for your comments...

<%= Clinton

"(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed). com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In the propeties for the wizard there is a NavigationButtonStyle that can
> be
> used to modify the sytle of navigation buttons. I haven't used this
> feature
> but I would expect it would apply to ALL navigation buttons in the
> wizard.
> If that is not what you want there is a CustomNavigationTemplate that may
> offer more control over styles in wizard navigation.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Good luck,
> Eagle
>

> "clintonG" wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know how to modify the style of he Previous and Next buttons
>> displayed by the CreateUserWizardStep?
>>

>> <%= Clinton Gallagher
>> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
>> URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/

=?Utf-8?B?RWFnbGVSZWRASGlnaEZseWluZ0JpcmRzLmNvbQ==?=

I would be interested in any comments you'd have on the
CustomNavigationTemplate. Is there any particular documentation, slim though
it is, that might provide guidance.

Thank you
Eagle

"clintonG" wrote:

> Finally figured out how to use the CustomNavigationTemplate successfully.
> Depending on context, the examples in documentation are slim to none for
> this control. Thanks for your comments...
>
> <%= Clinton
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)"
> <(E-Mail Removed). com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In the propeties for the wizard there is a NavigationButtonStyle that can
> > be
> > used to modify the sytle of navigation buttons. I haven't used this
> > feature
> > but I would expect it would apply to ALL navigation buttons in the
> > wizard.
> > If that is not what you want there is a CustomNavigationTemplate that may
> > offer more control over styles in wizard navigation.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Eagle
> >

> > "clintonG" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anybody know how to modify the style of he Previous and Next buttons
> >> displayed by the CreateUserWizardStep?
> >>

> >> <%= Clinton Gallagher
> >> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
> >> URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/

clintonG

I scoured documentation and had to piece it together. If I could pass
anything on it would be to remind that certain values such as Button ID and
CommandName attribute values must be hard-coded using specific values.

These two documents [1,2] proved esopecially useful. The [1] for letting me
know which templates to use for which controls and [2] specific to the
Wizard control declarative syntax.

With regard to [2] and "declarative syntax" after all this time 2.0 has been
in beta and released thereafter I'm still looking for declarative syntax
that documents how to build Skin files. The only solution seems to be
dragging a control into the designer and read its properties and then typing
the name of the property one at a time into the Skin file which is a problem
of course because the properties are no longer displayed as soon as the
focus is removed from the control.

<%= Clinton

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h59db326.aspx
[2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms228264.aspx