Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IFrame Page_Load multiple time

IFrame Page_Load multiple time

Chukka

I have iframe inside Firstpage.aspx page like this...

<IFRAME id="IFrame_One" style="WIDTH: 1029px; HEIGHT: 425px"
name="IFrame_Documents" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0"
src="http://int.comp.com/secure/dir/toLoadpage.aspx" frameBorder="0"
scrolling="yes"></IFRAME>

When I open Firstpage.aspx, the page inside the iframe
(toLoadpage.aspx) loads twice (confirmed from logs, it's not just
graphical refresh). The frame literally loads the toLoadpage.aspx then
goes blank and loads again. This is happening with any aspx page, it
happens even if I link to any random site on the web. I can't afford to
have this page loading twice because that page is resource intensive
(needs lots of data from backends).

I have smartNavigation and AutoEventWireup as false in Firstpage.aspx
and I don't do anything with the iframe control in the codebehind. I
have tried making the iframe as runatserver and setting the "src" of
the iframe through code but the iframe still loads twice.

The weird part is this ONLY happens in IE but not in firefox.

Can somebody help me please, I tried googling without success.