Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IPv6 source routing, how to, it doesn't work IMO

IPv6 source routing, how to, it doesn't work IMO

Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella

Hello,

I'm looking for advice about how to implement a source based policy routing
on a cisco2600 router, which has the IOS 12.2(15)T8.

I define "ip policy route-map source_routing_tag" on
the fastethernet 0/1

Then I add the following route-map:

route-map source_routing_tag permit 10
set ipv6 next-hop 2001:800:40:2471::4

I've deleted the "match" clause to allow all pachets to get into
this route-map.

When I start to send packets through the router, the
"show route-map" counters are not incremented. I've added IPv4
addresses to both the router interface and the host, and I've checked
that with IPv4 those counters are properly incremented.

I don't have TAC support and I've been digging through the CISCO
web without success. My questions are:

Can this be made on IPv6 ? If not, what IOS should I use ?
if is not possible in any IOS, when it will be possible to do it ?

If you need more data, I will be delighted to send it to you.

Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

Christophe Fillot

IPv6 Policy Routing is not yet available in official IOS images.

--
Christophe Fillot ((E-Mail Removed)) | Universite de Technologie de Compiegne
Tel: (+33) 03.44.23.79.02 | Service Informatique - Equipe Reseaux

Christophe Fillot wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
>
> IPv6 Policy Routing is not yet available in official IOS images.
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for advice about how to implement a source based policy
>> routing on a cisco2600 router, which has the IOS 12.2(15)T8.
>>
>> I define "ip policy route-map source_routing_tag" on
>> the fastethernet 0/1
>>
>> Then I add the following route-map:
>>
>> route-map source_routing_tag permit 10
>> set ipv6 next-hop 2001:800:40:2471::4
>>
>> I've deleted the "match" clause to allow all pachets to get into
>> this route-map.
>>
>> When I start to send packets through the router, the
>> "show route-map" counters are not incremented. I've added IPv4
>> addresses to both the router interface and the host, and I've checked
>> that with IPv4 those counters are properly incremented.
>>
>> I don't have TAC support and I've been digging through the CISCO
>> web without success. My questions are:
>>
>> Can this be made on IPv6 ? If not, what IOS should I use ?
>> if is not possible in any IOS, when it will be possible to do it ?
>>
>> If you need more data, I will be delighted to send it to you.
>>
>> Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, I thought that as you can define IPv6 ACLS inside a route-map
entry, and later attach that route-map to an interface
using the "ip policy route-map" command, it was already supported.

Do you know if from good sources ? I really need to know if
this is possible but I can not talk with the CISCO TAC support
and I dunno who else to ask.

Thank you very much for your answer!