Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > About Generic

About Generic

agou

Hi,

A newbie question.
I declare a Generic in my entity e.g. LEN := 10.
And then I multiply LEN by an integer in the code, e.g. LEN*5, I wonder
whether the synthesizer would replace LEN*5 by 50 in the sythesize
instead of multiplying it?

Thanks

jtw

The synthesizer will do the static math; it won't build a multiplier.

JTW

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...