Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 350 / 1200 AP Configuration File

Cisco 350 / 1200 AP Configuration File

Michael Love

I'm setting up our access points to load configuration files at bootup in
case they lose their existing configuration and I'm running into a problem
that I can't find a solution to.

I'm testing with an .ini file dumped from one of the working AP's. When I
have it dump its configuration, WEP keys and users that I've defined aren't
included. Is there a way I can include this information in .ini file so that
I don't have to configure these manually every time I autoconfigure a radio?

If someone could point me at the appropriate documentation for this, I would
really appreciate it, too! I looked over Cisco's site, but that's like
trying to find a needle in a haystack.

----------------------
Michael Love

Itchy'n'Scratchie

With the 1200 AP's, WEP keys are not carried accross when copying the config
file up. You have to manually set the WEP key for each point. It's a pain!

We found this out when we tried to copy the config of 1 1200 AP to 9 others
and it didn't work!

"Michael Love" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f8c8e8b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm setting up our access points to load configuration files at bootup in
> case they lose their existing configuration and I'm running into a problem
> that I can't find a solution to.
>
> I'm testing with an .ini file dumped from one of the working AP's. When I
> have it dump its configuration, WEP keys and users that I've defined

aren't
> included. Is there a way I can include this information in .ini file so

that
> I don't have to configure these manually every time I autoconfigure a

radio?

> If someone could point me at the appropriate documentation for this, I

would
> really appreciate it, too! I looked over Cisco's site, but that's like
> trying to find a needle in a haystack.
>
> ----------------------
> Michael Love

Michael Love

"Itchy'n'Scratchie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f8ffc62$0$28119$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> With the 1200 AP's, WEP keys are not carried accross when copying the

config
> file up. You have to manually set the WEP key for each point. It's a

pain!

> We found this out when we tried to copy the config of 1 1200 AP to 9

others
> and it didn't work!

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply!