Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Incoming VOIP Numbers

Incoming VOIP Numbers

Jon

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
> >If you have the choice, go for a geographic number, always. 0870 numbers
> >are charged more and also are not included in many mobile packages.

> How can you say that?

With some confidence, as it happens to be true.

> You don't know that for sure.

He clearly does.

> You ought to have 'may not be' instead of 'are not'

It is a fact. The vast majority of mobile phone bundles do not include
08xx. You cannot dispute that.
--
Regards
Jon

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:39:29 GMT, "GwG"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>>>How can you say that?

>> Fairly easily
>>
>>>You don't know that for sure.

>> I can't say if he does, but I certainly do know that.
>>
>>>You ought to have 'may not be' instead of 'are not'

>> No, what he said was completely correct: 0870 numbers are charged more
>> and not inclusive in many mobile packages. In fact there are few where
>> this does not apply.
>>
>> Choosing an 0870 number when there is a geographical alternative is
>> downright daft.

>When I see people seemingly posting in defence of 0870 numbers, it makes
>me wonder if they are the people making money from them.

No one in their right mind should be defending the use of 0870's
unless they are pocketing earnings from such numbers .

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:40:58 +0100, Jon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
>> >If you have the choice, go for a geographic number, always. 0870 numbers
>> >are charged more and also are not included in many mobile packages.

>> How can you say that?

>With some confidence, as it happens to be true.
>
>> You don't know that for sure.

>He clearly does.
>
>> You ought to have 'may not be' instead of 'are not'

>It is a fact. The vast majority of mobile phone bundles do not include
>08xx. You cannot dispute that.

I just do not know why some pople have to be so picky about these
things hell someone only needs to spell a word wrong and some people
start throwing the toys out of the pram.

John F Kappler

On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:59:43 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (John F
Kappler) wrote:

>My VOIP provider offers both an 0870 number and a geographic number
>for incoming calls.
>
>I'm not sure what this means in terms of call charges for my callers
>(customers!), and I know some people get quite wary of 0870 numbers.
>
>Can anyone tell me whether my callers will be charged a premium rate
>of either?
>
>Thnx,
>
>JohnK

Thank you all for your replies - didn't mean to start a fight!

Geographic it will be then!

JohnK

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 24 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

>"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> In message of Wed, 24 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

>[snip]
>
>> > If you have the choice, go for a geographic number,
>> > always. 0870 numbers are charged more and also are not
>> > included in many mobile packages.

>> How can you say that?
>>
>> You don't know that for sure.
>>
>> You ought to have 'may not be' instead of 'are not'

>I did say not included in *many* mobile packages, I did not say all.

My apologies

David

David Floyd

In message of Wed, 24 May 2006, writes
>On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:17:40 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>>If you have the choice, go for a geographic number, always. 0870 numbers
>>>are charged more and also are not included in many mobile packages.
>>>

>>How can you say that?

>Fairly easily
>
>>You don't know that for sure.

>I can't say if he does, but I certainly do know that.
>
>>You ought to have 'may not be' instead of 'are not'

>No, what he said was completely correct: 0870 numbers are charged more
>and not inclusive in many mobile packages. In fact there are few where
>this does not apply.

That is quite correct as I and my family have O2 packages which include
0870. I DO NOT condone the use of 0870 and never ring them, even using
my O2 facility (unless it is absolutely necessary and I haven't found an
alternative, and that goes for 0845 too)