Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > SIP Server

SIP Server

mike7411@gmail.com

Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
a private VOIP network?

Jonathan Roberts

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
> a private VOIP network?

Asterisk

Madhur

Flextronics SIP Server is considered to be most reliable and stable
version in the market

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
> > a private VOIP network?
> >

> Asterisk

gekkeprutser@gmail.com

Hi Mike,

> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
> a private VOIP network?

If you're looking for a free open source one: Try asterisk or sipx.
Asterisk is harder to set up but more powerful (can talk to more
different types of devices, protocols such as H.323, MGCP, etc). SipX
is easier to manage (all web based) but only does SIP. If that's all
you need I'd try that first.

R-Guy

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
>> a private VOIP network?
>>

> Asterisk

Is Asterisk a SIP server?

Martin

On 2006-05-27 18:42:25 +0200, "R-Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> "Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
>>> a private VOIP network?
>>>

>> Asterisk
>>

> Is Asterisk a SIP server?

of course asterisk can SIP, H.323, IAX , ZAP, ISDN, .....

martin

Jonathan Roberts

Yes, among other things. www.asterisk.org