Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Adding a status bar to a window ??

Adding a status bar to a window ??

Ulf Meinhardt

How do I add a status bar to a window?

When I google for it I found some examples which adds them to a content pane.
But I don't want to add them to a window content. I want to "paste" it
to the whole window frame at the bottom most part of the window.
Just as (nearly) every other window (e.g.Internet Explorer) has.

So when I code e.g.

StatusBar sb = new StatusBar();
contentPane.add(sb);

it is added like a button to a GridBagLayout. But it is not like a statusbar.

Furthermore: How do I write a text (e.g. "Hello") to it?

Ulf