Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > jnlp files with firefox

jnlp files with firefox

Gary Wessle

Hi

I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
have JER installed.

thanks

Gary Wessle

I am using win2000 pro

gwtc

Gary Wessle wrote:

> Hi
>
> I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
> extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
> and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
> have JER installed.
>
> thanks

can you provide a link

jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol

And what is JER?

--
I bet you didn't know that half of all North Americans live within 50
miles of their birthplace

Gary Wessle

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html

> jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
>
> And what is JER?

the Java environment plugin thing

> --
> I bet you didn't know that half of all North Americans live within 50
> miles of their birthplace

Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)

gwtc wrote:
> Gary Wessle wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
>> extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
>> and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
>> have JER installed.
>> thanks

> can you provide a link
>
> jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
>
> And what is JER?

He means JRE.

I got it to work once by associating .jnlp with javaws (Java Web Start).
You have to have the Sun JRE for this to work.

The javaws program is probably located at <JRE_PATH>/javaws/javaws.

I wasn't spellbound by Java Web Start when I first used it, and I
haven't used it since. The fonts are ugly, and it basically does what
everyone already knows how to do--download, install and run a program.

gwtc

Gary Wessle wrote:

> gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)37> writes:
>

>>Gary Wessle wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
>>>extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
>>>and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
>>>have JER installed. thanks

>>can you provide a link

> http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html
>

>>jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
>>
>>And what is JER?

> the Java environment plugin thing

you need to have the java runtime engine. See the little box here:
http://java.sun.com/products/javaweb...avascript.html

http://java.sun.com/products/javaweb...ads/index.html

--
Witty Words of Wisdom: Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and
some days you're the statue.

Downloading JNLP files and displaying within my application! javadrivesmenuts Java 2 11-26-2003 01:32 PM
JNLP file download error Ferman Java 9 08-14-2003 12:34 PM
jnlp, jar file and list the file names in a directory Ferman Java 0 08-13-2003 07:57 AM
Webstart JNLP from CD Kevin Munro Java 6 08-11-2003 01:49 AM
Asp.net and Contenttype = application/x-java-jnlp-file MJ ASP .Net 3 06-25-2003 04:17 PM

Advertisments