Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > New Nokia Voip Enabled Phones

New Nokia Voip Enabled Phones

Steven Sumpter

On Sun, 28 May 2006 06:29:11 +0000, news wrote:

> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Steven Sumpter
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>
>>I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
>>me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work?
>>(Google didn't turn up much.)
>>
>>Steve.
>>

> Steve, try asking in the Voipfone forum: http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/

That was the first place I tried, but there are only 5 posts on the
subject and that user was unsuccessful.

Steve.

linker3000

> Riiight. Well, I will merely note that not all elephants live at sea
> level.

The population of Holland is doomed

Thomas Kenyon

Steven Sumpter wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:54:06 +0000, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>
>> Tim wrote:
>> Apparently the current firmware for the N80 is broken so doesn't work,
>> whereas getting the E60 and E61 to work is possible but as difficult as
>> passing an elephant.
>>
>> This is all from reading forums, and not based (yet) on personal
>> experience.

> I am struggling to get my new e61 to connect to Voipfone. Could you tell
> me on which forums you have seen anyone manage to get it to work? (Google
> didn't turn up much.)
>
> Steve.

When I last scoured the internet, I didn't find anyone that got one
working with a provider, only with asterisk.

I'm still trying to get some E60's so haven't had time to play (read
scream) about them yet.