Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Jump to top of screen

Jump to top of screen

Robert Sheppard

Is there any way to prevent the page from jumping to the top of the screen
on a postback.

I have a table that I create dynamically with some buttons. Each time I
click on of the buttons I launch a popup window (which works fine) but my
main page jumps to the top of the screen.

This is very annoying especially if the table is long. User keeps having to
scroll down and find his place each time he clicks anything.

MSDN

might be lucky and use SmartNavigation

"Robert Sheppard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way to prevent the page from jumping to the top of the screen
> on a postback.
>
> I have a table that I create dynamically with some buttons. Each time I
> click on of the buttons I launch a popup window (which works fine) but my
> main page jumps to the top of the screen.
>
> This is very annoying especially if the table is long. User keeps having
> scroll down and find his place each time he clicks anything.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Do you need any information from the server to open the pop? Otherwise
you could skip the postback and open the popup window using only client
script, e.g. Javascript in a non-server tag:

<input type="button" value="Eat me!" onclick="window.open(...);" />

Jump to top of screen? dave HTML 6 08-14-2009 04:51 PM
Jump to the top of the screen Dave White HTML 4 04-01-2007 08:47 PM
Double left click jump to top, same with ctrl or shift to jump to bottom? Eadwine Rose Javascript 2 10-15-2006 08:38 PM
Why does my Top DashBoard Image do not touch top of the screen? Frederic HOUDE HTML 4 08-30-2004 11:22 PM
Preventing jump to top of screen during postback Guenther Liebowitz ASP .Net 2 08-14-2003 04:58 PM

Advertisments