Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > belkin router and network card problems

belkin router and network card problems

=?Utf-8?B?c21lZHNvbnRvdXI=?=

i have just purchased a belkin router and network card.as far as im aware its
installed ok but seems to be losing connection alot.my pc which is windows xp
media centre also wireless enabled and my laptop is xp all i wanted was to
connect my laptop to my internet connection without wires. i just need help
from someone who know alot more than me.because pc service call are no help
whatsoever and keep saying it could be faulty router,which i cant
believe.please help

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9yYWg=?=

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. My interent connection was
fine one day, and then wouldn't connect the next. I am no expert, so rang
the Belkin Helpline - several times - and they were extremely helpful and
gave me various different settings which I would never have discovered.
Their number, in case you do not have it , is 00 800 223 55 460.

"smedsontour" wrote:

> i have just purchased a belkin router and network card.as far as im aware its
> installed ok but seems to be losing connection alot.my pc which is windows xp
> media centre also wireless enabled and my laptop is xp all i wanted was to
> connect my laptop to my internet connection without wires. i just need help
> from someone who know alot more than me.because pc service call are no help
> whatsoever and keep saying it could be faulty router,which i cant
> believe.please help

RalfG

Could be interference from other radio frequency devices within range, like
portable phones, microwave, or other wireless networks near you. You can try
setting the router to use a different channel, like 11 or 1 instead of the
default.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...