Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Writing a Simple Java udp portscanner

Writing a Simple Java udp portscanner

robert

Hi all,

I need to find all the machines on a subnet that have a particular UDP
port open - a snmp program using UDP, not TCP, off of port 8001 but I
suppose that may not matter.

I've seen some full projects but really I'm looking for a simple class
or open source API. I found this one, though a bit dated - need to
check if it can do UDP:

http://groups.google.com.br/group/sa...7d23edddbb2b38

Any ideas?
Robert

steve

On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:56:54 +0800, robert wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed). com>):

groups%3Fq%3Dport%2Bscan%2Bjava%26hl%3Dpt-BR%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-
8
> %26start%3D20%26sa%3DN#717d23edddbb2b38

dreadful code

it should be threaded, not scan a host in a loop.

also it needs some stealth code, as any firewall would pick up it's attempt
to port scan.

Steve

EJP

robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to find all the machines on a subnet that have a particular UDP
> port open - a snmp program using UDP, not TCP, off of port 8001 but I
> suppose that may not matter.
>
> I've seen some full projects but really I'm looking for a simple class
> or open source API. I found this one, though a bit dated - need to
> check if it can do UDP:

It can't, and it's a pretty poor attempt anyway. Also it scans all TCP
ports on a single host, the opposite of what you want to do.

Do you know the application protocol that is used on the port? If not,
you can't necessarily do this task *at all*, as you will have to provoke
each UDP server into sending you a reply somehow (there being no UDP
connect protocol).

Problem with writing fast UDP server Krzysztof Retel Python 12 11-25-2008 09:12 PM
Re: Problem with writing fast UDP server Jean-Paul Calderone Python 1 11-21-2008 04:05 PM
AIX 5.2 local portscanner? Tony Brown Computer Security 2 10-12-2005 08:04 PM
udp (0) -> udp (0) traffic ? Tom Cisco 2 03-04-2004 06:06 PM
Re: this very simple UDP client/server.. doesn't work? Jack Klein C Programming 0 08-04-2003 05:32 AM

Advertisments