Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Deployment of ASP.net Application

Deployment of ASP.net Application

=?Utf-8?B?c3Jpbml2YXM=?=

Hi,
I want to deploy my ASP.net 2.0 application to production server.
I'm planning to copy my folders to the production server and create a
virtual directory for that.
Is it possible to copy only aspx files and not code behind aspx.vb on the
server??

Thanks

Mark Fitzpatrick

If you're using VS.Net, you should have a publish or copy web choice. This
will allow you to set if you want to copy only the files needed to run the
code, in which case no .cs files get deployed and thee .aspx files do. You
can't just copy over the files manually as the .cs files will be needed to
compile and run unless you deploy.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"srinivas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I want to deploy my ASP.net 2.0 application to production server.
> I'm planning to copy my folders to the production server and create a
> virtual directory for that.
> Is it possible to copy only aspx files and not code behind aspx.vb on the
> server??
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?c3Jpbml2YXM=?=

Thank you Mark,