Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How do I embed a webpage within another?

How do I embed a webpage within another?

slyjenkins@tesco.net

Hi, I am dabbling with html at the moment to make my eBay listings look
more professional, not cluttered! My problem is with so many listings
if I change my postage rates or my terms of service I have to change it
on all my listings. So I wrote this on my freespace
http://freespace.virgin.net/sly.jenkins/termsebay.htm (have a look if
you like) hoping that I could somehow embed it into my listings so that
I can change it at my leisure and affect all my listings. Only problem
is I couldn't work out how best to do it. I'm a bit scared of
frames!Any ideas please?

slyjenkins@tesco.net

Following up, it doesn't matter if it is a scrolling window or the
whole lot. I've also started wondering if would be possible to write
this as a document and embed that instead, or even an image?

Ta Sly

\(Elmo\)

have you tried an Iframe?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I am dabbling with html at the moment to make my eBay listings look
> more professional, not cluttered! My problem is with so many listings
> if I change my postage rates or my terms of service I have to change it
> on all my listings. So I wrote this on my freespace
> http://freespace.virgin.net/sly.jenkins/termsebay.htm (have a look if
> you like) hoping that I could somehow embed it into my listings so that
> I can change it at my leisure and affect all my listings. Only problem
> is I couldn't work out how best to do it. I'm a bit scared of
> frames!Any ideas please?

slyjenkins@tesco.net

What's that then? (Therefore, no I haven't!)

slyjenkins@tesco.net

What's that then? (Therefore, no I haven't!)

Knut Krueger

> What's that then? (Therefore, no I haven't!)

<iframe src="URl" name="Name"
width="width" height="heigh">
content if browser does not support
</iframe>

Regards Knut

slyjenkins@tesco.net

That works great, thanks a lot for your help...

Sly

slyjenkins@tesco.net

If you want to see how it turned out, look here...
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...3-0&mo=auction

I prewarn you that this does link to one of my auctions in case you
think I'm a spammer!

Thanks Elmo for the idea and Knut for the tags.

Sly

Sly

That iframe worked great, however, only on eBid, not on eBay, they
won't allow them. Any other ideas?

I tried this...

<object data=http://freespace.virgin.net/sly.jenkins/termsebay.htm
width="100%" height="550"> <embed
src=http://freespace.virgin.net/sly.jenkins/termsebay.htm width="100%"
height="550"> </embed></object>

It put a frame in but an empty one in. Did I do that right?

Ta Sly

masteradnaan2 masteradnaan2 is offline
Junior Member

hi,
I used the iframe anf it does not work....

When i use it the web page i am trying to embed takes up the whole screen rather than my size specification.. I am trying to embed a forum...any help why this is happening