Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IP verify on PIX

IP verify on PIX

ramiro.turne@gmail.com

I have to apply the "ip verify reverse-path" command on the two
interfaces of a PIX-506. Does anybody knows if this change would cause
a down in the service ? I mean, the translation table, the uath table,
etc.

I have checked the static routes but I couldnīt find if there is a
downtime applying this feature. I would thank someone who has applied
this on a PIX and could help me with this interrogant.

Thanks a lot. Ramiro.-

Martin Bilgrav

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
I have to apply the "ip verify reverse-path" command on the two
interfaces of a PIX-506. Does anybody knows if this change would cause
a down in the service ? I mean, the translation table, the uath table,
etc.

No Downtime in services
It just enabled routetable lookups, hence Spoofing protection.