Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > change background-color

change background-color

alexjaquet@gmail.com

Hi,

I need to change background-color of input when disabled is set to
disabled. I already 've tryed

input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
}

but it's doesn't work

any idea ?

Jonathan N. Little

> Hi,
>
> I need to change background-color of input when disabled is set to
> disabled. I already 've tryed
>
> input[disabled="disabled"] {
> background-color:#333333;
> color:#FF0000;
> }
>
> but it's doesn't work
>
> any idea ?

Most modern browsers already do this internally, the old ones that don't
also don't support the CSS require to 'trap' the condition....

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

alexjaquet@gmail.com

Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
hardcode
document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

but it's doesn't work to,

this work under Firefox :
input[disabled="disabled"] {
background-color:#333333;
color:#FF0000;
} or

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thks Jonatan but it's doesn't work with IE 6 or 7. I've tryed to
> hardcode
> document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';
>
> but it's doesn't work to,
>
> this work under Firefox :
> input[disabled="disabled"] {
> background-color:#333333;
> color:#FF0000;
> } or
>
> document.select_wish.category.style.color = 'green';

Do to IE's incomplete support of CSS and CSS selectors, but my point was
that modern browsers now support disable form elements and internally
'dim' the visual appearance of the disabled control. Why do you feel the
need to micromanage the disabled appearance? I know it varies by OS, but
why would you want to change what the visitor is familiar with and
recognizes as "disabled"?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

alexjaquet@gmail.com

Hi Jonathan ,

In fact I want to change style properties for the visibility, I use
input fields in my website
like here :
http://avant-garde.no-ip.biz/cgi-bin...r&article=7790

Jonathan N. Little

1) Please quote what you are referring to, when using a newsreader we do
not see the previous message in the same window link the webpage Google
Groups produces

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi Jonathan ,
>
> In fact I want to change style properties for the visibility, I use
> input fields in my website
> like here :
> http://avant-garde.no-ip.biz/cgi-bin...r&article=7790

The above link produces no output, not even a response header!

--
Take care,

Jonathan