Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > A question about the Batik API

A question about the Batik API

Laurent Rincon

Hello all,

I have to write an application using the Batik API, but I don't know
very well how to use it. I want to draw a flow chart on a screen. Each
part of this chart has to be clickable. For the moment, I add a mouse
listener to my JSVGCanvas, and by getting the mouse's position when I
click on it, I determine what object of the screen is concerned by the
event. But this solution doesn't satisfy me because I'm afraid it will
be too long or too difficult to deal a more complicated chart...
So I want to know if it's possible to define objects (like rectangle,
ellipse, ...) on which we can add mouse listeners (like a button) and
how to do this. If you have code example to do this, or internet
address where to find information, it would be great.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Laurent Rincon wrote:
> I have to write an application using the Batik API,

I think we all got that now after your fourth post.

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

Oliver Wong

"Laurent Rincon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I have to write an application using the Batik API, but I don't know
> very well how to use it. I want to draw a flow chart on a screen. Each
> part of this chart has to be clickable. For the moment, I add a mouse
> listener to my JSVGCanvas, and by getting the mouse's position when I
> click on it, I determine what object of the screen is concerned by the
> event. But this solution doesn't satisfy me because I'm afraid it will
> be too long or too difficult to deal a more complicated chart...
> So I want to know if it's possible to define objects (like rectangle,
> ellipse, ...) on which we can add mouse listeners (like a button) and
> how to do this. If you have code example to do this, or internet
> address where to find information, it would be great.

If CPU time is your concern, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_space_partitioning

- Oliver