Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Possible to arrange the fields for each record of a GridView?

Possible to arrange the fields for each record of a GridView?

Jack

Hello,

I've got the Gridview control working displaying two fields from my
database, but the fields are displayed horizontally next to each other. How
can I display my 'Text' underneath my image?

I've looked at the propertires of the columns (via the 'Edit Columns'
smart-tag feature) but can't seem to find anything here.

Thank-you in advance.

Jack.

Eliyahu Goldin

Jack,

You need to use a template column. Make an ItemTemplate with an html layout
for an image and a text element. Databind the image element to the image
field and the text element to the text field.

Eliyahu

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I've got the Gridview control working displaying two fields from my
> database, but the fields are displayed horizontally next to each other.
> How can I display my 'Text' underneath my image?
>
> I've looked at the propertires of the columns (via the 'Edit Columns'
> smart-tag feature) but can't seem to find anything here.
>
> Thank-you in advance.
>
> Jack.

Jack

Thanks. It worked like a treat!

Jack.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jack,
>
> You need to use a template column. Make an ItemTemplate with an html
> layout for an image and a text element. Databind the image element to the
> image field and the text element to the text field.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've got the Gridview control working displaying two fields from my
>> database, but the fields are displayed horizontally next to each other.
>> How can I display my 'Text' underneath my image?
>>
>> I've looked at the propertires of the columns (via the 'Edit Columns'
>> smart-tag feature) but can't seem to find anything here.
>>
>> Thank-you in advance.
>>
>> Jack.

Arrange 'Start' menu claw Computer Support 8 03-14-2007 03:09 AM
Arrange Icons C Computer Support 9 05-14-2005 09:13 AM
Looking for a programe to arrange "athletics sportsmeets" Eravur Computer Support 1 03-27-2005 11:45 AM
Programe to arrange "athletics sportsmeets" Eravur Computer Support 2 03-27-2005 04:57 AM
Arrange emails + posts by thread? URAQT2 Firefox 9 02-24-2004 06:15 AM

Advertisments