Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox and default email client?

Firefox and default email client?

shockedlook@myemail.com

Hmm this message maybe more suited for an Xp issue but how do I make gmail
my default client? When I click on any email addy it goes directly to
Outlook, which I totally have no use for this client.

I currently have the gmail extension from Firefox as and add on.

Thanks

Charani

On Sat, 20 May 2006 21:56:06 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hmm this message maybe more suited for an Xp issue but how do I make gmail
> my default client? When I click on any email addy it goes directly to
> Outlook, which I totally have no use for this client.
>
> I currently have the gmail extension from Firefox as and add on.

I had a similar problem with OE deciding *it* was the default despite
my having set Mozilla as the default.

What I did was change the default *to* OE > rebooted > changed default
to Mozilla > rebooted. Since then OE's done as it was told and no
longer comes up as the default.

OK, I know it isn't Firefox but it's worth a try.