Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN Client and Widows 2000 server hassles

Cisco VPN Client and Widows 2000 server hassles

AndyCapp77

I have recently installed the Cisco VPN Client software (version
4.8.01.0300) to enable me to connect to a company VPN. My desktop
machine is running Win2K Server as a domain controller, connecting
directly to a D-Link Wireless router via an ethernet cable.
I have configured the Cisco client software exactly as specified by the
company setting up the VPN. When I connect to the VPN, I stay connected
for approximately 30 - 60 seconds before the connection is terminated
with a "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding"

I have found also that if I start a remote desktop session to a machine
in behind the VPN connection, the connection is terminated even earlier
than the 30-60 secs.

Now, here is the really strange part, I have also installed the Cisco
VPN Client software on my aptop running Win XP SP2 connection to the
same router but via the wireless link and this connections connects
successfully and remains connected as long as I wish.

I am absolutely baffled and seem to have the network company
administering the VPN baffled too, so would really appreciate any help
on this issue.
Thanks in advance

sampark

Hello,

Please turn on full loggin on the VPN client. They only you will be
able to find out the cause of termination.

Please post the full logs of VPN client.

-Vikas