Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Autocomplete Works in older Web site version, not new

Reply
Thread Tools

Autocomplete Works in older Web site version, not new

 
 
thubba2000@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2006
We have a web application developed using IBuySpy. In older versions,
Autocomplete on all web forms works. In our latest version, it stopped
working on all clients.

I have gone through all the groups and tried a bunch of things. Two
main areas I keep seeing are,

1. Browser Settings not set correctly.
2. Ability to turn off Autocomplete for a control and a form.

My browser settings are fine as far as I can tell. When I hit an older
version of the application, Autocomplete works. I've cleared all my
form and password history, hit it again, and it saves it. On the Login
page, it detects I entered a password and asks me if I want to save it.
Works great.

On the new version, Autocomplete never saves any previous entries and
doesn't popup the "Save Password" dialog.

I've checked the code and we have no references to the AutoComplete
attribute on forms or input controls. Just to make sure .Net doesn't
add anything behind the scenes, I view source for the web site and no
references to AutoComplete.

Between versions we did redesign the login page and moved it from a
User control to an standalone ASPX page. But I cannot figure out what I
left out or what I added that would turn off Autocomplete for the
entire site.

I do believe it is a site thing because other users are experiencing
the exact same thing. Works in old version, doesn't in new.

Any help would be appreciated.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
thubba
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2006
I stumbled across a way to make the AutoComplete work. In the older
version, we have an asp image button that has a little arrow and "Sign
In" text in it... That works fine, it makes the AutoComplete work. In
the new version, we split the image button into two... With the way our
politicians are going these days, English will be a second language
so we jumped the gun and made our application language indepenent... So
now the Arrow is still an ASP Image button but the "Sign In" is a ASP
Link Button... The text being loaded from a resource file.. I kept
pressing the Link Button and nothing... No AutoComplete saved.. I
happened to hit the arrow (Image button) one time, and now it works
great.

I would be interested if somebody has a logical explanation... I know
it doesn't seem real but I had another user try it and it works for
them also.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsresources cyber XML 1 12-25-2007 11:48 PM
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsresources cyber HTML 0 12-21-2007 03:47 PM
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layoutsweb sites cyber HTML 1 12-19-2007 09:07 AM
Enable autocomplete although site set autocomplete to off Frank Dohrmann Firefox 1 03-31-2006 11:28 PM
FormsAuthentication works as expected on a couple older websites, but not the same on a new website... Dean R. Henderson ASP .Net 1 04-25-2005 08:26 PM



Advertisments