Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > history

history

Michael

hello

I am trying to access a page in my history that was removed from the web
server. Problem is my history, even though it says save pages for 9 days,
doesn't seem to have saved any? I disconnect my connection and try to access
pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is not available. Is
there any way to access the history?

Michael

Moz Champion (Dan)

Michael wrote:
> hello
>
> I am trying to access a page in my history that was removed from the web
> server. Problem is my history, even though it says save pages for 9 days,
> doesn't seem to have saved any? I disconnect my connection and try to access
> pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is not available. Is
> there any way to access the history?
>
> Michael

You mistake the purpose of history.
History doesnt SAVE any web pages, it simply writes down the url of
where you went. So if the web page was removed from the web, going back
there will get you the not available message.

If you want to SAVE web pages you have to do that yourself.

Tom Allen

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> I am trying to access a page in my history that was removed from the
>> web server. Problem is my history, even though it says save pages for
>> 9 days, doesn't seem to have saved any? I disconnect my connection and
>> try to access pages that I visited yesterday and it says the page is
>> not available. Is there any way to access the history?
>>
>> Michael
>>

> You mistake the purpose of history.
> History doesnt SAVE any web pages, it simply writes down the url of
> where you went. So if the web page was removed from the web, going back
> there will get you the not available message.
>
> If you want to SAVE web pages you have to do that yourself.

You could review some pages viewed with IE in folder called Temporary
Internet Files. I don't know if FF or Mozz uses anything like that.