Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Ideal HTML code?

Ideal HTML code?

Mark

nyc kid wrote:
> I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...
>
> "red_dragon2983" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I need to know the answer for this question:
>> What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
>> pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
>> I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.
>>
>> Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!
>>
>> --Mark Seymour

Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that
I like, and just do it.

red_dragon2983

Arne pondered on 5/18/2006 6:10 PM:
> Once upon a time *red_dragon2983* wrote:
>> I should have made this more clearer.
>> What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
>> eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
>> editor like ScITE.
>> like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
>> whatnot.
>> I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;
>>

> How to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html#toc2
> From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/
>
> Google Group Users, read about The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Already done!

--
Mark Seymour
http://hidden.dread-hollow.com/

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "red_dragon2983" <markseymour.89
@hotmail.com> vouchsafed:

> I should have made this more clearer.
> What I mean is, what is the ideal HTML *structure* to use in a website
> eg container, header, content, etc... and how it should look in a code
> editor like ScITE.
> like, content and such. Like, the best combination of DIV's and
> whatnot.
> I hope I've made this more clearer... -_-;

The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
employed for layout, etc., etc.

Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
appaearance.

If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
such phrase.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.

Marvel

news:BL6bg.9563$(E-Mail Removed)...
> nyc kid wrote:
>> I think the ideal code is not html but is css and/or php...
>>
>> "red_dragon2983" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> I need to know the answer for this question:
>>> What is the *ideal* code to use when making a site that would have many
>>> pages, like having a blog, portfolio, colophon (about), contact, etc?
>>> I appreciate answers from HTML gurus, but anybody can help answer too.
>>>
>>> Thanks alot! I very much appreciate it!
>>>
>>> --Mark Seymour
>>>

> Perhaps... I think it would be best to look around, find something that I
> like, and just do it.

This is not my post but while I have you all here I would really appreciate
some criticism on my rookie homemade novice site, drfixup.com Thanks

JDS

On Thu, 18 May 2006 15:03:57 -0700, red_dragon2983 wrote:

> Well, to me, that's considered emulating, which truthfully, I've been
> doing for a while (around December 23rd 2005 to be exact!) But if I
> must continue, then so be it. One of these days, I will get something
> that I will truly enjoy and keep.

It is now May 19, 2006.

May 19 - Dec 26...
hmmm...

That isn't even five full months! I realize it is all relative, but even
by a young person's standards (say, high school age) 5 months shouldn't
really be considered "a while" for a subject as rich and variable as,
well, as *anything* having to do with computers, HTML included.

Not trying to give you a hard time here, just understand that I, for
example, still "emulate", as you put it, and I have been doing this stuff
since 1997.

--
JDS | (E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

red_dragon2983

Neredbojias pondered on 5/18/2006 9:50 PM:
> The "most ideal" (-as oxymoronic as that sounds) is to markup a page as
> semantically as possible with no styles at all. The page should be 100%
> valid, complete, and utile under the strict doctype. Tables shoudln't be
> employed for layout, etc., etc.

I will try that.

> Once this is accomplished, _then_ add styles economically to spruce-up the
> appaearance.
>
> If you have a true concern for propriety, Google "semantic markup" or some
> such phrase.

thanks

--
Mark Seymour