Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > touchscreen asp.net vs vb.net....

touchscreen asp.net vs vb.net....

Ryan

Can someone give me an idea how they would approach a touchscreen
application... and why you would use web over windows... and
vice-versa?

If an application is webbased, you could set up a kiosk so the web
application was full screen using javascript.... and if you didnt have
a keyboard... there isnt a way the user could return to the desktop...
hmm

Web-based apps have the deployment advantage... windows based has more
functionality... and possiblly more control over the desktop?

Any thoughts?

clintonG

I would approach a touchscreen very carefully. It may not like me and might
try to bite.

Seriously, I did a presentation to an owner/operator of hotels using a
SmartBoard but it didn't fly. I've had an interest in this type of
application myself. Whose displays are you using or planning to use? I've
seen NEC advertise a 19" LCD as I recall.

Have you considered developing a SmartClient? Do some reading about that as
it gives us the Windows Forms interface with connectivity to the Internet
for various purposes. Look up the SmartBoard too.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...