Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Launching the contents of a website when there is a link to it

Launching the contents of a website when there is a link to it

Nospam

I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage that
has html for the current time, however I would like the contents of the
second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.

What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
should be executed if it is opened or linked to?

Martin Jay

In message <aXYag.14910$z%(E-Mail Removed)>, Nospam
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage that
>has html for the current time, however I would like the contents of the
>second page to be executed once someone comes on the first page.
>
>What do I have to insert in the html of the second page to indicate that it
>should be executed if it is opened or linked to?

If you have PHP on your server you could use

<?php
include 'file.php';
?>

Or if your server understands Server Side Includes (SSI):

<!--#include virtual="file.php" -->
--
Martin Jay

Benjamin Niemann

Nospam wrote:

> I have two pages, the first page containing a link to a second webpage
> that has html for the current time

There is not HTML that could do this. You are probably talking about
client-side scripting (JavaScript) or server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, perl
and many others).
Best would be to provide an URL, so we can actually see, what you are trying
to do.

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de