Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_regiis to configure remote IIS virtual directory

aspnet_regiis to configure remote IIS virtual directory

=?Utf-8?B?UmFr?=

Can I use aspnet_regiis to change the .NET Version of a remote IIS virtual
directory? If yes, how can I do it. If not, what options do I have to do it
programatically?
Currently I have an application that creates a virtual directory using the
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry class, and then set the appropriate
properties on it. In one of my previous posts I was told that to change the
..NET version on a virtual directory I need to use the aspnet_regiis tool, but
I cannot see how I can use it to change the .NET version of a virtual
directory running on a remote IIS server.

Any ideas most welcome.

Rak

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Rak,

Thank you for posting.

I've posted my new reply in your original "programatically changing the
net version of virtual directory" thread. As I mentioned there, the
aspnet_regiis tool internally change all the script mappings (related to
ASP.NET specific document extensions). So we can also directly change those
script mappings manually in our code (through ADSI). You can refer to the
following article on detailed info:

#Switching Versions of the ASP.Net Framework
http://aspalliance.com/306

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support