Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Ultra-simple CMS for 1 page

Ultra-simple CMS for 1 page

KiwiBrian

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?
I am reasonably familiar with HTML and CSS, but that is about the limit of
my skills.
I have seen many criticisms of scripts etc., hence my desire for a
recommendation from personal experience.
Thanks for any replies
Brian Tozer

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
> script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
> upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?

Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.

What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
sure.

--
Mark Parnell
My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

KiwiBrian

"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
>
>> Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
>> script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website
>> and
>> upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming
>> month?

> Not offhand - the only time I've needed something like that I wrote the
> script myself. But it was different enough from your requirements that
> it wouldn't be much use to you without a complete rewrite anyway.
>
> What you need is pretty specific - you're probably best off paying
> someone to write it for you. Not the answer you were looking for, I'm
> sure.

Thanks for your reply Mark.
I may have made a mistake by simplifying my example down to the bare
minimum.
Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
familiarity with it.
Brian..

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, KiwiBrian
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> Although my description applies to the bare essentials that I want to
> implement initially, I was hoping that a readymade script or CMS would exist
> that was simple enough for me to use, even though it might have greater
> capabilities which I may be able to use later when I have greater
> familiarity with it.

It will depend then on what your server is capable of, but I'd suggest
you check out http://opensourcecms.com/ - you can trial a whole pile of
CMSes, before you actually try setting one up on your server.

Also, check with your host - they may have one or more that can be
installed automatically. At least that way you don't need to worry about
installing it, just configuring it.

Good luck.

--
Mark Parnell
My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

JDS

On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:51:42 +1200, KiwiBrian wrote:

> Can anyone recommend from personal experience a method, or perhaps a PHP
> script, whereby I can allow a viewer to log into one page on my website and
> upgrade some content listing sporting type activities for the coming month?
> I am reasonably familiar with HTML and CSS, but that is about the limit of
> my skills.
> I have seen many criticisms of scripts etc., hence my desire for a
> recommendation from personal experience.
> Thanks for any replies
> Brian Tozer

Download and install a free one. For what you want, a Wiki might be good.

Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com for help

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

CMS for login.aspx page chet@foretel.co.uk ASP .Net 0 10-09-2008 03:52 PM
asp.net page through classic asp.net iframe - Ingeniux cms wildman@noclient.net ASP .Net 0 02-28-2008 02:59 AM
Single page CMS query KiwiBrian NZ Computing 3 05-19-2006 01:12 AM
CMS deployment JohnNews Cisco 0 11-25-2003 01:36 AM
CMS on Cat 3550 JohnNews Cisco 1 11-20-2003 11:40 PM

Advertisments