Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Question on (X)HTML/CSS table structures

Question on (X)HTML/CSS table structures

Jeremy Brown

Hi,
I have several tables on my site that have the same layout throughout the
site, regardless of page. I am inherently lazy and do not want to type a
class="xxxx" in every row <tr> and data <td> entry of a table. I am
wondering if there is a way to put a single class in the <table> that will
configure the whole table, <td> & <tr> included if possible.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Example of what I am talking about:
http://jerem43.home.att.net/home for an example of the type of table I am
talking about, specifically the "Jumpstation"

http://jerem43.home.att.net/css for my style sheet

--
Visit my Saab & me at:
http://jerem43.home.att.net

Toby Inkster

Jeremy Brown wrote:

> I am inherently lazy and do not want to type a class="xxxx" in every
> row <tr> and data <td> entry of a table.

TABLE.foo { color:blue; border:1px solid green; }
TABLE.foo TD { color:blue; border:1px solid red; }

Go read up on descendant selectors.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Jeremy Brown

Thank you sir,
this helps alot.

Jeremy

--
Visit my Saab & me at:
http://jerem43.home.att.net

"Toby Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)5n.co.uk...
> Jeremy Brown wrote:
>
>> I am inherently lazy and do not want to type a class="xxxx" in every
>> row <tr> and data <td> entry of a table.

> TABLE.foo { color:blue; border:1px solid green; }
> TABLE.foo TD { color:blue; border:1px solid red; }

> Go read up on descendant selectors.
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:12:16 GMT, "Jeremy Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have several tables on my site that have the same layout throughout the
>site, regardless of page. I am inherently lazy and do not want to type a
>class="xxxx" in every row <tr> and data <td> entry of a table. I am
>wondering if there is a way to put a single class in the <table> that will
>configure the whole table, <td> & <tr> included if possible.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeremy
>
>Example of what I am talking about:
>http://jerem43.home.att.net/home for an example of the type of table I am
>talking about, specifically the "Jumpstation"
>
>http://jerem43.home.att.net/css for my style sheet

Hi Jeremy,

There are some bizarre examples on the CSS Table Gallery but also a
few very nice ones:

http://icant.co.uk/csstablegallery/

I modified one myself (Like Adwords):

http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/stro...endices_2.html

Hope this helps,

Andrew.

jb

sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:12:16 GMT, "Jeremy Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have several tables on my site that have the same layout throughout the
>> site, regardless of page. I am inherently lazy and do not want to type a
>> class="xxxx" in every row <tr> and data <td> entry of a table. I am
>> wondering if there is a way to put a single class in the <table> that will
>> configure the whole table, <td> & <tr> included if possible.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeremy
>>
>> Example of what I am talking about:
>> http://jerem43.home.att.net/home for an example of the type of table I am
>> talking about, specifically the "Jumpstation"
>>
>> http://jerem43.home.att.net/css for my style sheet

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> There are some bizarre examples on the CSS Table Gallery but also a
> few very nice ones:
>
> http://icant.co.uk/csstablegallery/
>
> I modified one myself (Like Adwords):
>
> http://www.pnc.com.au/~plstrong/stro...endices_2.html