Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Will not Connect to Wireless Network

Will not Connect to Wireless Network

SuperNashwan2@hotmail.com

Can anyone help?

I have a Thomson 585 wireless modem router which is working fine and
broadcasting a signal.

I have a Netgear MA101 USB adapter connected to my laptop which can
pick up the signal from the Thomson. The icon in the system tray says
networks available and if you click it the Thomson appears in the list
but it will not connect to it.

If you look under Control Panel and view the network connections, the
Netgear Wireless adapter has a red cross through it and it says,
"Wireless Connection Unavailable".

All encryption is off, the SSID is being broadcast and Wireless Zero
Configuration is running ok. The laptop is a Dell M50 with Win XP Pro
running. It doesn't have SP2 as I had loads of probs with it.

Any ideas?

SuperNashwan2@hotmail.com

I forgot to say, all Firewalls and Virus checking stuff is disabled.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Wireless, Basic Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html