Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > m_safeCertContext is an invalid handle

m_safeCertContext is an invalid handle

=?Utf-8?B?VGltX2s=?=

I'm getting this error from Visual Studio 2005 when I do an Add Web Reference.

I'm trying to connect to a web service from mQube. I can access the service
through an http post in a browser so I know my login is ok.

I get a warning that the cerficate has not been allowed by me. I've found a
couple things in a google search on this that didn't make much sense. Does
anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Tim

This is the error returned.

There was an error downloading
'https://studio.mqube.us/campaignapp/services/MessagingWS2?WSDL'.

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a
receive.

m_safeCertContext is an invalid handle.

vishal_gamji vishal_gamji is offline
Junior Member

Were u able to solve the prob? I have seen posts that say that the hostname and cert name are different, i could have done that but, i am not going thru IIS. I am using HTTP.sys to configure a HTTP endpoint in SQL server. I am creating webservices from SQL Server, and whn i try to open the https:\\<host>\<service> i get the m_safeCertContext error...let me know if you were able to solve the prob in a different way