Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Question for Frtiz!box masters !!

Question for Frtiz!box masters !!

Jim

Right the Fritz!box is working perfectly voip fixed line etc.
I am only using one dect handset on Fon1 , when dialling out I am routed via
sipdiscount .
However I now have a slight problem that when I am calling out via voip , if
someone rings me on my pstn number
they dont get a busy tone (obviously because that line is free). Is there
any way to get the fritzbox to give a busy tone because the
extension is in use ? Otherwise the person ringing the pstn line thinks
no-one is home . I know I can get it to reject on busy , but that just
cuts the line

Thanks
Jim

▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Wed, 17 May 2006 21:07:43 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)%Bpopped out over
the fence and said...
|Right the Fritz!box is working perfectly voip fixed line etc.
|I am only using one dect handset on Fon1 , when dialling out I am routed via
|sipdiscount .
|However I now have a slight problem that when I am calling out via voip , if
|someone rings me on my pstn number
|they dont get a busy tone (obviously because that line is free). Is there
|any way to get the fritzbox to give a busy tone because the
|extension is in use ? Otherwise the person ringing the pstn line thinks
|no-one is home . I know I can get it to reject on busy , but that just
|cuts the line
|

|Thanks
|Jim

It depends on which kind of configuration you made on the extensions.
IMHO, you should set both line numbers (VoIP and PSTN) on EXT1, no
numbers assigned to EXT2, untick the "react to all numbers" box on both
extensions, and tick the "Disable call waiting" box in the EXT1
"Extension properties" page.
That should do the trick, but I can't see the point of faking a "line
busy" when you can simply flick between a call and another with a few
keystrokes, or having another wired phone on EXT2 for a few quid...
It's like going around jumping on one leg because you are wearing only
one shoe...

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid

Jim

Also is there any way to alter the tones ? i.e the ring tone for connected
handsets etc ?

Jim

I realise that , and it is my intention to get another dect handset - but
until I do , I need to get
the wife acceptance factor !!

Ivor Jones

news:faNag.1435$(E-Mail Removed)
> Also is there any way to alter the tones ? i.e the ring
> tone for connected handsets etc ?

No.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I realise that , and it is my intention to get another
> dect handset - but until I do , I need to get
> the wife acceptance factor !!

You don't need another DECT phone, just have an ordinary el-cheapo wired
phone in the 2nd port and set both ports to ring for all accounts. If
you're using the DECT phone at the time another call comes in, you'll hear
the call on the wired phone. Not the solution you want I know, but better
than a caller thinking you're not there.

Ivor

▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Wed, 17 May 2006 22:09:15 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)%Bpopped out over
the fence and said...

|Also is there any way to alter the tones ? i.e the ring tone for connected
|handsets etc?

You mean the tones you hear through the earpiece, or the ringing pattern
of the phones on an incoming call?
AFAIK no for both (albeit some hacked firmware are a bit more "open"
than the standard one, but I won't install them on my router-firewall,
would ya?).
If your DECT phone can ring different tunes/tones based on a list of
numbers, the Fritz!Box provides a CLI service, from the VoIP line
(always) AND from the PSTN line (if you had it already).
--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid