Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCNA

Bill McPherson

I heard a radio commercial this morning about becoming a Microsoft Certified
Network Administrator and how they make between $40K - $70K. I just
laughed. I wish I remember the name of the tech, I hope it wasn't actually
a respectable one. I'm soooo calling them when I find out who it was so I
can make fun of them.

--
Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

Bigus DiŠkus

<< While I was at work, Bill McPherson spurted out:
> I heard a radio commercial this morning about becoming a Microsoft
> Certified Network Administrator and how they make between $40K -
> $70K. I just laughed. I wish I remember the name of the tech, I
> hope it wasn't actually a respectable one. I'm soooo calling them
> when I find out who it was so I can make fun of them.

Have fun! There aren't that many, but maybe you should record the
conversations...you know...so we can laugh too.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...ministrator%22

http://tinyurl.com/oswf3

But you may want to do a little research before you just go calling people on
something you know little about. Microsoft Certified Network Administrator is
also known as MCSA and if you do a search for it (in quotes) within MS, you will
find that it links to a single page.....MCSA...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ministrator%22

http://tinyurl.com/pgvhd

--
Bigus DiŠkus
MCNGP #00110011

Bill McPherson

At first I only feel slightly silly, but after thinking about it and looking
at the search results, I stand by my thoughts. The only ones who use that
is academia - and they suck.
I've never seen anyone (most importantly Microsoft) refer to the MCSA as
MCNA before. I even looked on microsoft.com/learning ot make sure there
wasn't something new. I guess it is like calling a Microsoft Certified
Professional (MCP) a Microsoft Certified Person.
What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft
Certified Network Administrator?

--
Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

"Bigus DiŠkus" <WTF@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> << While I was at work, Bill McPherson spurted out:
> > I heard a radio commercial this morning about becoming a Microsoft
> > Certified Network Administrator and how they make between $40K -
> > $70K. I just laughed. I wish I remember the name of the tech, I
> > hope it wasn't actually a respectable one. I'm soooo calling them
> > when I find out who it was so I can make fun of them.
> >

> Have fun! There aren't that many, but maybe you should record the
> conversations...you know...so we can laugh too.

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...ministrator%22

> http://tinyurl.com/oswf3
>
> But you may want to do a little research before you just go calling people

on
> something you know little about. Microsoft Certified Network

Administrator is
> also known as MCSA and if you do a search for it (in quotes) within MS,

you will
> find that it links to a single page.....MCSA...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ministrator%22

> http://tinyurl.com/pgvhd
>

> --
> Bigus DiŠkus
> MCNGP #00110011
> -- Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend
> yourselves against fresh fruit.

JaR

"Bill McPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:uadctDgeGHA.3640
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft
> Certified Network Administrator?

Well, for starters, I wouldn't be offering it anything remotely in the
proximity of $40K, let alone $70K.

--
JaR
MCNGP #22

Bigus DiŠkus

<< While I was at work, Bill McPherson spurted out:
> At first I only feel slightly silly, but after thinking about it and
> looking at the search results, I stand by my thoughts. The only ones
> who use that is academia - and they suck.
> I've never seen anyone (most importantly Microsoft) refer to the MCSA
> as MCNA before. I even looked on microsoft.com/learning ot make sure
> there wasn't something new. I guess it is like calling a Microsoft
> Certified Professional (MCP) a Microsoft Certified Person.

My only point was that it has been used by others and MS even found the need to
add the term to their metadata on that particular page.

But yes, you are correct, most of the people that I've seen refer to it in those
terms are academic persons; and the kicker is that those who use that term are
generally non-MS or anti-MS persons that believe in running a completely
open-source system. I found many of the CS Professors at TX A&M CC were like
that...they tried shoving that crap down our throats and it was sickening.

> What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft
> Certified Network Administrator?

I'd tell him the company he's looking for is the National Aerobatics and Stunts
Administration (NASA)