Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > API for Cisco Unity Express (CUE)?

API for Cisco Unity Express (CUE)?

strict9

Hello all,

I've been given the task of writing a phone menu for a school's
attendance line. It needs to access student data (in something like
Excel or Access most likely) and then report that student's attendance
record.

>From my understanding, I need to develop an external program (in

something like perl of C++) that will extract the data from these
records and send it to the Cisco CUE software, which will then be able
to read off the attendance data.

However, I cannot find any type of documentation which describes how to
interact with the Cisco phone software. I've looked through all 160
pages of the CUE editor manual, but it mentions nothing of external
data. Is there something I'm missing here? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Jon

thrill5

Here is the document you are looking for.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf...008067a18d.pdf

Scott
"strict9" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I've been given the task of writing a phone menu for a school's
> attendance line. It needs to access student data (in something like
> Excel or Access most likely) and then report that student's attendance
> record.
>
>>From my understanding, I need to develop an external program (in

> something like perl of C++) that will extract the data from these
> records and send it to the Cisco CUE software, which will then be able
> to read off the attendance data.
>
> However, I cannot find any type of documentation which describes how to
> interact with the Cisco phone software. I've looked through all 160
> pages of the CUE editor manual, but it mentions nothing of external
> data. Is there something I'm missing here? Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> - Jon

strict9

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, I already found and read through that manual and can't
find any mention of accessing external data. All the manual seems to
discuss is building static menus (unless I'm missing something!)