Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Cyclone II PCI & pin swapping

Cyclone II PCI & pin swapping

joey@joescan.com

I'm implementing a PCI104+ board which will have the opencores PCI
bridge core. I've started with the suggested layout from Alteras PCI
Megacore. But the choice of pins does not lend to a really clean
layout. If I swap some of the pins around it will clean up quite a
bit. I'm wondering if I'm asking for timing problems if I do this.
I'm only planning to run the PCI at a leasurely 33Mhz, so I'm guessing
it won't be a problem, as long as I keep it in the same pair of banks
(5 & 6). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks

Joey

Charles Steinkuehler