Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Spanning Tree And Per Vlan Spanning Tree

Spanning Tree And Per Vlan Spanning Tree

Amy L.

What kinds of problems if any would you expect if your core device is
running Spanning Tree Enabled on all VLANS and your access layer
switches running Per-VLAN STP?

I ask this because we got a 4506 in which has STP enabled for all
vlans and several 3550's that have PVSTP enabled. I got to thinking
abotu what would happen if they didnt match and was wondering if
problems would end up occuring.

Thanks
Amy.