Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD.NET exams retirement

MCSD.NET exams retirement

swaraj@bow.intnet.mu

Hi,
Just wondering whether any MCSD.NET exams will be announced to be
retired this coming June.
Not all exams in the new MCTS/MCPD track are fully released yet. I
wonder whether any exams
in the MCSD.NET track will be retired say in June 2007.
In my opinion, none of the MCSD.NET track exams should be retired
before June 2008.

Any news about this? Please communicate.
Swaraj

Cerebrus

>> Just wondering whether any MCSD.NET exams will be announced to be
>> retired this coming June.

>> I wonder whether any exams
>> in the MCSD.NET track will be retired say in June 2007.

Why do you sound so desperate for the exams to be retired ??????????
<Fuming>

I hope they *never* expire, considering it's taken me *forever* to get
an MCSD.NET !

Simon Hart

I'll drink to that, and I'm not MCSD yet!

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

swaraj@bow.intnet.mu

Cerebrus wrote:
> >> Just wondering whether any MCSD.NET exams will be announced to be
> >> retired this coming June.

> >> I wonder whether any exams
> >> in the MCSD.NET track will be retired say in June 2007.

> Why do you sound so desperate for the exams to be retired ??????????
> <Fuming>
>
> I hope they *never* expire, considering it's taken me *forever* to get
> an MCSD.NET !

So many of us who are not yet MCSD.NET certified are wondering whether
to go directly for MCTS/MCPD. Why bother taking a few exams and later
the others in the track will be retired?
Well, don't worry only exams are retired, MCSD.NET certification is FOR
EVER.
(provided they still use VS 2002/2003 for ever) Again, why worry I have
seen many
apps still being written in VB 3/4.

Regards,
Swaraj

Cerebrus

>> So many of us who are not yet MCSD.NET certified are wondering whether
>> to go directly for MCTS/MCPD. Why bother taking a few exams and later
>> the others in the track will be retired?

If you're already halfway through, it makes sense to get your MCSD
first, and then upgrade to MCPD with only 2 papers to give. If you're
starting out, it makes sense to pursue MCTS or MCPD directly.

Being an MCSD doesn't seem much use to me, if you're not up to date on
the latest technologies since that what companies would be looking for.

I wish technology wouldn't move so fast... It keeps getting one step
ahead of me, atleast.

Sorry, if I'm ranting...

Regards,

Cerebrus.