Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless disconnects when downloading at high speeds

wireless disconnects when downloading at high speeds

05-17-2006
hello -

i am connecting to a linksys router with a belkin pc card from an hp zv6010us laptop. upon connection to the router, i am greeted with a full-speed, very good to excellent signal strength connection, as reported by xp. this remains the case when i do some typical internet tasks (browsing, e-mailing, etc.) however, when i attempt to download large files at high speeds over http or usenet, my connection speed begins to slide and then i am disconnected. i have not had problems with this router on a previous laptop.

the card will maintain connection to the router for downloading for maybe a minute, and then everything tanks.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

-- dub