Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Same sidebar used on many different pages?

Same sidebar used on many different pages?

Bill

I'm making a site using css that will have several different pages all
with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
and not all the individual pages?

David Dorward

Bill wrote:

> I'm making a site using css that will have several different pages all
> with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
> a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
> and not all the individual pages?

http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Bill

On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:16:05 +0100, David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bill wrote:
>
>> I'm making a site using css that will have several different pages all
>> with the same sidebar. What's the best way to do it so that if I make
>> a change in the content of the sidebar I only have to change one file,
>> and not all the individual pages?

>http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

Bill are you *really* associated with blah.com? You do realize it is a
*real* domain registered to 2009

http://kris.koehntopp.de/service/who...Lookup+host%21

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Bill

On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:20:16 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bill are you *really* associated with blah.com? You do realize it is a
>*real* domain registered to 2009
>
>http://kris.koehntopp.de/service/who...Lookup+host%21

Nope, I just stuck something random in there. ;D

Jonathan N. Little

Bill wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:20:16 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Bill are you *really* associated with blah.com? You do realize it is a
>> *real* domain registered to 2009
>>
>> http://kris.koehntopp.de/service/who...Lookup+host%21

> Nope, I just stuck something random in there. ;D

I don't think the owner appreciates receiving your spam. If you must put
a bogus email address into your news reader either have a dedicated spam
bucket address on your own domain or insure the address you choose
absolutely *cannot* be a real domain and tromp on some else's 'domain'

Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

red_dragon2983

Try PHP.

,------[ PHP Code Snippet ]

| <?PHP include 'file.ext'; ?>

`------

where '.ext' can be '.PHP', '.TXT', or '.INC'.

So your page could be something like

,------[ PHP Code Snippet ]

| [...]
| <?PHP include 'file.ext'; ?>