Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > telnet backup access

telnet backup access

bvlmv

Hey Everybody,
Can someone give me a pointer on how to configure a Cisco 2950 or 2600
series router to responde to local telnet crediential if/when an
external radius server goes down?

Thanks!

my current config looks like this,:

aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login use-radius group radius
aaa authorization exec use-radius if-authenticated
aaa accounting exec use-radius start-stop broadcast group radius
aaa session-id common

radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
radius-server key 7 cisco

line vty 0 4
login authentication use-radius

Merv

> Can someone give me a pointer on how to configure a Cisco 2950 or 2600
> series router to responde to local telnet crediential if/when an
> external radius server goes down?

see Cisco doc
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59...093c81.shtml#l
ogin_auth

Example 1: Exec Access using Radius then Local

aaa authentication login default group radius local