Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Std_Logic signal assignment snafu

Std_Logic signal assignment snafu

Norair Norair is offline
Junior Member
Location: Melbourne, FL

As you can tell, I'm new to VHDL. I have tried searching this forum, but the search tool either doesn't work or I have come up short.

I am using the downloadable Xilinx ISE. I have this line of code, for example:

RXSize(3 downto 0) <= B"0001";

RXSize is a 4bit long std_logic_vector SIGNAL. I know that I must be doing something wrong with the types, but I can't for the life of me figure it out since the same nomenclature (i.e. B"XXXX") seems to work declaring for the initial values.

This is irritating, because I have a fair amount of logic design experience and would like to get on with the project!

Assignment to output signal from internal signal not istantaneous dibacco73 VHDL 1 02-12-2009 11:28 PM
"Target of signal assignment is not a signal" Nicolas Moreau VHDL 9 07-25-2007 04:21 PM
Wireless Card Snafu Scott Wireless Networking 1 08-12-2005 10:25 PM
arp cache snafu Tom Lahti Cisco 0 10-23-2004 07:27 AM
Radio button assignment snafu Chumley the Walrus ASP .Net Web Controls 0 06-21-2004 06:07 PM

Advertisments