Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2611 with Two T1 from two ISPs

Cisco 2611 with Two T1 from two ISPs

Adam Embrey

Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
other ethernet interface to the other.

I am trying to have 2 ISPs comming in for fault tolerance and load
balancing for my outgoing traffic as well as incoming traffic
including traffic to my 3005.

The way I pictured it I would have ATT come into one 2611 and MCI come
into a second 2611. Behind that I would have a Radware linkproof
loadbalancing appliance and behind that I will have a PIX 515e. In the
dmz I would have my 3005 and a FTP server and the internal interface
of the pix would go to my LAN of course.

Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
problem I would see is the routers default gateway.

Mats Karlsson

"Adam Embrey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
> each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
> routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
> other ethernet interface to the other.
>
> I am trying to have 2 ISPs comming in for fault tolerance and load
> balancing for my outgoing traffic as well as incoming traffic
> including traffic to my 3005.
>
> The way I pictured it I would have ATT come into one 2611 and MCI come
> into a second 2611. Behind that I would have a Radware linkproof
> loadbalancing appliance and behind that I will have a PIX 515e. In the
> dmz I would have my 3005 and a FTP server and the internal interface
> of the pix would go to my LAN of course.
>
> Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
> problem I would see is the routers default gateway.

Why one 2611 if you are after high availibility, isn't the 2611 a single
point of failure then ?

Just my 20c
Mats

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Adam Embrey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
>each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
>routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
>other ethernet interface to the other.

Yes, you can do this with policy routing.

interface EthernetX
ip policy default-att
interface EthernetY
ip policy default-mci

route-map default-att permit 10
set default interface SerialX

route-map default-mci permit 10
set default interface SerialY

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Level(3), Woburn, MA

Adam Embrey

"Mats Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Adam Embrey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
> > each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
> > routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
> > other ethernet interface to the other.
> >
> > I am trying to have 2 ISPs comming in for fault tolerance and load
> > balancing for my outgoing traffic as well as incoming traffic
> > including traffic to my 3005.
> >
> > The way I pictured it I would have ATT come into one 2611 and MCI come
> > into a second 2611. Behind that I would have a Radware linkproof
> > loadbalancing appliance and behind that I will have a PIX 515e. In the
> > dmz I would have my 3005 and a FTP server and the internal interface
> > of the pix would go to my LAN of course.
> >
> > Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
> > problem I would see is the routers default gateway.

> Why one 2611 if you are after high availibility, isn't the 2611 a single
> point of failure then ?
>

> Just my 20c
> Mats

The reason for one 2611 is to get me through budgeting issues untill January.