Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Slideshow Software

Slideshow Software

Norm

I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.

What are my choices and why?

Renee

"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HRbWc.10357$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
> CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
> put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
>
> What are my choices and why?

This question was posed a short time ago . . . someone recommended ProShow
Gold as one choice. There are options for saving the slideshow several ways:

DVD
Video CD
Video file
Autorun CD
As an executable file
Screensaver
Webshow
Email
Share online

I really like this program a lot because there are so many options with it,
and it is very easy to use.

Renee

Hunt

In article <8GcWc.39895$(E-Mail Removed) >, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

>"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:HRbWc.10357$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
>> I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
>> CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
>> put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
>>
>> What are my choices and why?
>>

>This question was posed a short time ago . . . someone recommended ProShow
>Gold as one choice. There are options for saving the slideshow several ways:
>
>DVD
>Video CD
>Video file
>Autorun CD
>As an executable file
>Screensaver
>Webshow
>Email
>Share online
>
>I really like this program a lot because there are so many options with it,
>and it is very easy to use.
>
>Renee

Another to add to the list would be Pinnacle's Studio (v9 now). Though it is
basically a video editor, it has a lot of strength in the production of still
slide shows, tons of included transitions, and DVD menus. One can also turn
around and use it for video, its intended purpose. It runs US$99, but is often
deeply discounted.

Hunt

Marvin Margoshes

"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HRbWc.10357$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I want a program to download my digital photos and create a slideshow on a
> CD or CDRW and view it on my DVD player or PC. I would like the ability to
> put text on each slide and also record audio on a slide.
>
> What are my choices and why?

You can try Paint Shop Photo Album free for 30 days. Download it from
www.jasc.com.

HRosita

Right now the best software is Pro Show Gold. Abit expensive.
Rosita