Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > More printer opinions sought...

More printer opinions sought...

Matt Ion

A little while ago I asked about opinions on the Canon i860/900D/960
printers... now the local Future Shops have on sale the HP PhotoSmart 7760.
Aside from the one major drawback that (according to the specs at
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...est%5Fcookie=1)
it has 6-color printing but only a single color tank (as opposed to Canon's
discrete tanks), how does this unit rate with those familiar with it?

TIA

from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein

Ryadia

Matt Ion wrote:
> A little while ago I asked about opinions on the Canon i860/900D/960
> printers... now the local Future Shops have on sale the HP PhotoSmart 7760.
> Aside from the one major drawback that (according to the specs at
> http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...est%5Fcookie=1)
> it has 6-color printing but only a single color tank (as opposed to Canon's
> discrete tanks), how does this unit rate with those familiar with it?
>
> TIA

In practice, when printing a variety of photographs, only the Cyan and
light cyan colours use more ink than the rest. If HP have made those
compartments larger then there is not a lot in the different tank method
except cost. I'd go for the HP anyway. I already have a big HP 6 colour
printer and it rocks!

Ryadia