Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lenses At Reasonable Prices

Lenses At Reasonable Prices

Clyde Torres

I saw a thread below on the Nikon 28-200 G lens, and there was talk about
other lenses, in particular fixed focal length lenses.

My question to the group is: who are the sources of good lenses and prices?
Every time I go to the local guys, i.e., Wolfe and Ritz Cameras, they never
have these lenses. They always want me to order. Well, heck, if I order, I
might as well shop around on the internet and see what kind of prices I can
get. I know where to get cameras, but lenses are more elusive, or are they?

Thanks.

Clyde Torres

Udie Lafing

What?... did you just fall off the turnip truck.....you have eyes
use them. Lazy Lazy lazy.

Shutterbug magazine
Popular Photography
about a billion other magazines with advertising
plus a very wide, world wide web.

Try www.acecam.com

--
?
?

Bob Salomon

In article <3u%Vc.42864$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Clyde Torres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Wolfe and Ritz

They are the same store. Why not try a specialty camera store rather
then a mall store or a film drop?

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Clyde Torres

I've gotta admit that it sounds like I'm lazy, but I am hoping to get real
expert opinions, not just read about this stuff. Sometimes people's
experiences with some outfits tell more than just their ad or website.

Thanks.

Clyde Torres

"Udie Lafing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What?... did you just fall off the turnip truck.....you have eyes
> use them. Lazy Lazy lazy.
>
> Shutterbug magazine
> Popular Photography
> about a billion other magazines with advertising
> plus a very wide, world wide web.
>
> Try www.acecam.com
>

> In article <3u%Vc.42864$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Clyde Torres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I saw a thread below on the Nikon 28-200 G lens, and there was talk

about
> > other lenses, in particular fixed focal length lenses.
> >
> > My question to the group is: who are the sources of good lenses and

prices?
> > Every time I go to the local guys, i.e., Wolfe and Ritz Cameras, they

never
> > have these lenses. They always want me to order. Well, heck, if I

order, I
> > might as well shop around on the internet and see what kind of prices I

can
> > get. I know where to get cameras, but lenses are more elusive, or are

they?

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Clyde Torres

> --
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> LOL

Skip M

"Clyde Torres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3u%Vc.42864$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I saw a thread below on the Nikon 28-200 G lens, and there was talk about
> other lenses, in particular fixed focal length lenses.
>
> My question to the group is: who are the sources of good lenses and

prices?
> Every time I go to the local guys, i.e., Wolfe and Ritz Cameras, they

never
> have these lenses. They always want me to order. Well, heck, if I order,

> might as well shop around on the internet and see what kind of prices I

can
> get. I know where to get cameras, but lenses are more elusive, or are

they?

> Thanks.
>
> Clyde Torres

Try:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
Someone else suggested you try an independent photo store rather than
Wolf/Ritz. Good suggestion, many will price match with online vendors. My
local store will. Plus, it gives you a chance to handle the lens and see if
you like the build, controls, etc.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

John Enockson

Nikon will mount any Nikon lens with minor problems. I have a 20 year
old 55 Micro Nikkor on my D70 and a 500 F/8 mirror. I only have to
compensate for the lack of metering and auto focus. There are literally
thousands of used Nikon lenses available on Ebay and unlike Canon lenses
they will still work but read your manual first. It is kind of like a
candy sore but Nikon candy only. Good hunting!