Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > upset with 20D annoucement

upset with 20D annoucement

Abdul gnihsif

I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
and release 20D.

Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Bill Hilton

>From: "Abdul gnihsif" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
>since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
>serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
>and release 20D.
>
>Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
>make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

You wouldn't be "fishing" would you, Mr. gnihsif?

You're almost as good as Mr. Llort ... LOL.

Jeremy Nixon

Abdul gnihsif <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.

Don't worry about it so much. Go shoot some pictures; they wouldn't be any
better (or worse) with a Canon.

--
Jeremy | (E-Mail Removed)

Steve Hix

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Abdul gnihsif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Because such announcements tend to kill sales of existing models between
announcement and the new machine shipping.

Welcome to the marketplace.

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Abdul gnihsif
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Looks like a clear case of clue deficit disorder.

Phil Wheeler

Abdul gnihsif wrote:
> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Manufacturers never pre-announce.

But there are many forums and website where you can get a pretty good
idea of what is coming in the future. All you need to do is apply Google
now and then. For Canon products:

http://bobatkins.photo.net/photograp...al/rumors.html

Phil

G. Innipig

"Abdul gnihsif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Erm, excuse me, but Canon DID tell us about the 20D - yesterday.

Ron Hunter

Abdul gnihsif wrote:
> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

What? You didn't think the 10D was the last camera Canon was going to
produce, did you?

Krow

Abdul gnihsif wrote:
> I just sold my 10D and ... went to Nikon...
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful ...

You were unfaithful and jumped ship. Now you're blaming Canon for what
you feel is your mistake/loss???

Jimmy Smith

"Abdul gnihsif" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just sold my 10D and 24-70 and 135 2.0L for a loss when I went to Nikon
> since at first I thought they were going to take the prosumer market more
> serious than Canon and its overpriced 10D and castrated drebel now they go
> and release 20D.
>
> Why dont canon atleast tell its faithful about new products so people can
> make proper decisions in the future now I am stuck with 6,3

Annoucement- pyljvim-0.0.3 Released. Phoe6 Python 0 12-04-2006 02:46 PM
anyone knows how to configure a IOS MGCP annoucement server? superwrm@gmail.com Cisco 3 04-29-2006 05:41 AM
[OT] Annoucement JaR MCSE 7 03-25-2006 03:38 PM
Annoucement:XX Framework 1.0 Released - XML-Centric Java App Framework David Moskowitz XML 6 02-23-2006 11:36 AM
Vancouver Zope and Python User Group: Meeting Annoucement Brian Quinlan Python 0 03-01-2004 06:54 PM

Advertisments