Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Rechargeable AA Batteries in MB-D100 for Nikon D100

Rechargeable AA Batteries in MB-D100 for Nikon D100

john chapman

Just got my new MB-D100 and was disappointed to find out that my D100
will not function with freshly recharged AA batteries. It will
function with alkalines.

Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
pack.

David J Taylor

john chapman wrote:
> Just got my new MB-D100 and was disappointed to find out that my D100
> will not function with freshly recharged AA batteries. It will
> function with alkalines.
>
> Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
> pack.

You need "proper" rechargeables - NiMH - not toy batteries.

David

Ed Ruf

On 19 Aug 2004 04:50:14 -0700, in rec.photo.digital http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(john chapman) wrote:

>Just got my new MB-D100 and was disappointed to find out that my D100
>will not function with freshly recharged AA batteries. It will
>function with alkalines.
>
>Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
>pack.

I'll hazard a guess this is similar to the problem some have
experienced with the MB-E5700 for the CP-5700/8700. High capacity NiMH
batteries do not necessarily conform to the standard AA dimensions. As
such they may not make contact at the positive terminal. I eventually
got Nikon to replace it under warranty. If you care for the long
version of the story, see:
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...5700_nits.html
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com